Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pre Baby...

So being pregnant was interesting. The first 3 months were so hard. I felt sick all the time. David really helped me a lot during this time since I didn't feel like cooking or eating or anything. He was a trooper. The 2nd three months were the best. I didn't feel sick, I got some energy back. I started feeling the baby move. It was all so neat. But so weird. I had a tiny person growing inside me. As natural as I knew that was, it was what other people did, not me. I had a lot of fears that I wasn't meant to carry a baby and something would be wrong. I guess that is normal, but I couldn't help but always wonder how everything would turn out.

We hit a bump around 26 weeks. I started having pre-term contractions and spent a few days at the hospital for monitoring. Luckily everything was ok. The doctors kept a close eye on me the rest of my pregnancy. We got to have lots of extra ultrasounds of our baby - so I can't complain too much. My contractions never stopped, but Jax was never in danger of coming out early. We finally had to go in and get him!!

Due to the issues I was having and the pain from the pressure of him, I was induced about a week early. Jackson Tyler Josef was born on 7/24/08 at 11:39 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces. He was perfect.





That is the short and sweet of our pre-baby pregnancy time. His full birth story is on our website on the About Us page.

No comments: