Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blogger Day at GA Aquarium

I was forwarded information a few weeks ago that said that if you are a blogger, you and a guest can get in free to the Ga Aquarium to see their new exhibit - Planet Shark - and also the rest of the aquarium as well. I wanted to go, so I sent in a request and was approved :) Since David is so busy with work lately and wasn't able to take off, I invited Jenica and the twins. AND since all the babes were under 2, we all got in free. And we got free parking. Can't beat that!!


So, first we toured Planet Shark. It was just ok. Nothing spectacular and no live sharks to look at - unless you count the one from JAWS that was playing in one of the rooms of the exhibit (or the live ocean footage in another). But it was pretty neat anyway. The kids seemed to like it...but I think they really just liked not being in a stroller or car seat :) hahah.

Here are some pictures from the Shark exhibit...









Jackson W. was kissing one of the sharks on the screen....the closest thing to live sharks in the exhibit...





Then we ventured out to the rest of the aquarium. The kids really liked the "live" Penguin. He waved to them and looked so cuddly. If they weren't in their strollers they might have hugged him. Or screamed. who knows :) They liked the big room full of fish a lot too. They also got to play in the play area and burn off some energy. They really were very good that day :)

Here are more pictures...












2 comments:

Karen said...

Great pics!

Lindsay Adkins said...

what a great deal!!!!! Wish I had not missed out on that deal! I love aquariums :) Good pictures!